Digital Content Solutions Executive
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK almost three years ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three more Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. This year Graham Norton joined us for weekend mornings and we launched our first pop up station, Virgin Pride. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, UEFA Euros, British & Irish Lions and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Times Radio launched in June 2020 bringing together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the world-class speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless. talkRADIO is at the forefront of radio broadcasting innovation with many shows streamed live on youtube from our TV equipped studio. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Your Role: To work alongside the Digital content solutions lead and Business Development Managers to develop and sell and activate the Wireless branded content offering. Revenue will be generated on sponsorship, promotions and spot advertising.
Day to day you will:
- Working with the Digital Content Solutions Lead to implement a sales strategy that maximises revenue.
- Create collateral and sales opportunities for the wider sales team to use
- Develop and manage a target list of clients suitable to the web, mobile and video properties
- Ensure branded content is included where relevant in other Content Solutions responses
- Work with Group Heads and individual account managers to determine target clients and categories
- To manage business potential and ensure every possible lead is followed up through pro-active initiatives.
- To forecast accurate revenue by property and communicate this to the business.
- Working with Digital Content Solutions Lead, Activation and Editorial departments to consistently improve the delivery of the sold campaigns.
- To lead on account managing campaigns from point of sale through to delivery under the guidance of the Digital Content Solutions Lead.
- Work alongside other members of the digital team to ensure all campaigns are successfully delivered.
- Ensure all campaign KPI’s are monitored and achieved
- To work with the Finance department to ensure minimal bad debt / queries.
- To support the Wireless Group management team as required
What we’re looking for from you:
- Good knowledge of media, agency and client processes and business objectives.
- An interest in and knowledge of the UK media industry.
- Demonstrable experience of working on content solutions deals.
- Proven track record of building and nurturing relationships across a wide spectrum of agency disciplines
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.