Digital Editor, Scotland
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
Job Title: Digital Editor, Scotland
Location: Radio Clyde, Clydebank Business Park, G81 2RX
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time, 9am-5:30pm
These are the roles core hours, however we anticipate some flexibility around the working day as on occasion filming & content creation may be required at different times (mainly to suit radio show schedules)
Radio Clyde (& Bauer Media Scotland as a whole) is a fun place to be. Everyone’s opinion is valued equally. A place where everyone is welcome. We love people who love radio. We love great talent and creativity. Plus our nights out are legendary!
You’ll be working with our award-winning teams in Scotland, overseeing the digital and social channels for Forth 1 & 2 and Clyde 1 & 2 and other Scottish stations where required. Based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow you will be a top digital operator, familiar with our output.
You’ll be interacting with everyone from the content team, to marketing, to producers, presenters and the music team, all passionate about creating award-winning stuff. We’re a friendly bunch who are as likely to be chatting about last night’s TV as we are to be discussing the gig we went to.
Working closely with the Social Media Editor, Content Director and Head of Marketing for Scotland, your goal is to drive more engagement on our digital platforms, encouraging listening and therefore growing the audience of our stations.
As a Digital Editor, you’ll be doing the following for our Scottish social media channels
- Create engaging audio/visual social media content
- Contributing to video & general content ideas for key events across the year.
- Moderate social media channels and respond to audience enquiries.
- Pitch in with creative ideas at regular planning sessions.
- Work at events, which may be outside of traditional office hours, to provide live social media coverage.
- Proactively research new tools / content ideas to help drive digital listening figures.
- Work with commercial and marketing teams on ideas generation and execution of client-led activity.
- Reporting, analysing and sharing regular stats reports alongside key learnings and social media trends.
This is one of the most listener-facing roles in the company, representing the public online face of our stations, so you’ll bring:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail.
- You'll be confident using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, online content management systems (or similar) and should be extremely confident on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social platforms).
- A natural problem solver, together with your creative flair and judgment, you'll choose the right solutions for the platforms you work on.
- You will have extraordinary time management skills, creativity and strategic planning.
- You’ll be obsessed with the finer details that go into making every piece of content succeed and have a natural thirst to make things better the following day.
- You'll know and respond positively to the needs and expectations of others to achieve the right outcome.
- You'll understand the target audience inside out and have a sound understanding on how to grow audiences.
- Established social media background including proven community management with a command of each network and their best practices.
- You’ll have knowledge of, and interest in, local Scottish content as well as music.
- A willingness to work on exciting projects that may see you working in unusual locations, at unorthodox hours, with some extraordinary people.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd May