Digital News Editor
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Digital News Editor
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Senior Digital News Editor
Overview of job
Come join Global’s newsroom, as we evolve and expand our digital offering across our market leading apps and websites. We are looking for bright, hard-working news journalists who want to excel at writing, editing, curating, SEO and social media
3 best things about the job
- Working on one of the UK’s leading news brands!
- Utilising a variety of skills to bring your journalism to a wide audience
- Covering a wide variety of news for LBC’s digital audience
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Covered multiple stories for LBC’s website
- Pitched ideas, carried out interviews
- Written live blogs
Responsibilities of the role
- Write and distribute the news across our digital and social platforms, including desktop and mobile web, apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Report news as it happens online with strong breaking news skills and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media showcasing skills
- Keep users up-to-date with the latest news stories
- Work with Global’s Newsrooms across the UK to create digital version of their exclusive stories
- Identify compelling, outstanding stories and user-generated content of interest to our readers
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Experience of working in a newsroom
- All the skills needed to be an online journalist
- This will require overnight and weekend work
- You will be working from our London office, in Leicester Square
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global