Digital Producer, Casual
talkRADIO are looking for a Digital Producer to join the team on a casual basis.
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK almost three years ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three more Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. This year Graham Norton joined us for weekend mornings and we launched our first pop up station, Virgin Pride. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, UEFA Euros, British & Irish Lions and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Times Radio launched in June 2020 bringing together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the world-class speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless. talkRADIO is at the forefront of radio broadcasting innovation with many shows streamed live on youtube from our TV equipped studio. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
talkRADIO is part of News UK, the proud owner of a stable of news and media brands providing world-class news, analysis and opinion to audiences around the world.
We are expanding our digital production team to showcase the best of our multi-platform audio-visual content from Britain’s most exciting speech radio station.
Day to day you will:
- Using the Adobe suite you’ll edit multimedia content accurately, to deadline and under pressure
- You’ll be brimming with ideas for developing our digital platforms and exploiting our content to drive audience growth and engagement
- Based in spectacular new studios at News UK’s HQ at London Bridge you will work closely with our on-air production teams to source, research, edit and publish content to all platforms.
What we’re looking for from you:
We are looking for journalists with a passion for news, current affairs, social media, debate and discussion who can thrive in the heart of a busy newsroom.
- You will have an enquiring mind and a demonstrable ability to write tight, fluent, accurate copy and produce multimedia content for a demanding audience using the Adobe suite.
- You will be NCTJ qualified and come with experience in a busy newsroom
- You will thrive working early and late shifts, and weekends
- You will be technically literate and have an appetite for all things digital
- You will be a strong and confident communicator and be able to work under pressure to make sense of complicated stories
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.