Digital Producer- talkRADIO – Casual Shifts
We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning podcasts and radio which have become prime destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and more. The root of our success is in delivering the content that our audiences know and love. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton, and the greatest hits to provide our listeners with constant vibes. Virgin Radio Anthems, Virgin Radio Chilled and Virgin Radio Groove complete the network reaching record audiences across all of our platforms. TalkSPORT is the world’s leading sports radio station, partnered with the Premier League and various other groups to provide the greatest live commentaries delivered with analysis from the best personalities in the business.
The Team: talkRADIO is a speech radio station and video streaming service and we are looking for enthusiastic Digital Producers to join the nation’s most exciting speech radio station on a casual basis.
Your role: As a Digital Producer you will become a member of our growing digital team with responsibility for researching, sourcing, editing and publishing the best of our audiovisual output.
Day to day you will:
- Work with the show production teams and presenters to identify stories that will set the agenda on social media
- Use Adobe Premiere to cut video accurately, artistically and to speed
- Publish content to Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and other social media platforms
- Liaise with our compliance team to ensure our published content conforms to the highest journalistic standards
- Monitor news feeds to publish breaking news on air and on all digital platforms
- Work with presenters to help them achieve the objectives for their programme hearing their concerns
- Source video and stills for broadcast on air and vision mix all elements into the shows
What we’re looking for from you:
- NCTJ qualified or similar with an understanding of legal and Ofcom compliance requirements
- A passion for news, opinion-led debate and current affairs. An understanding of what makes terrific radio and television and the ability to communicate your ideas with your team
- The ability to write tight, accurate, non-sensationalist copy that can summarise a story and grab attention
- An excellent working knowledge of the Adobe suite, particularly Premiere and Photoshop and the ability to edit fast
CLICK TO APPLY - https://www.newscareers.co.uk/vacancies/971/digital-producer-talkradio--casual-shifts.html
Equal opportunities: We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.