Director of Social & Video Content
This is a new position for Bauer Media Audio UK which brings together all our social media and video teams from across our famous radio station brands in the UK under one strategic leader.
We are looking for a senior leader who can inspire our Social and Video teams to win new audiences and advertisers in new ways. By using your unrivalled relationships in the industry, your extensive commercial experience, and our portfolio of stations reaching over 20 million listeners a week in the UK, your job will be to identify innovative opportunities to increase audience and commercial engagement.
You’ll have exciting ideas about the opportunities Bauer must implement to increase our content’s reach and engagement. You will also bring a desire and drive to exploit the commercial opportunities this content will provide to current and future partners.
As a deadline driven and highly organised person, you’ll have full P&L responsibility for the team and for achieving commercial targets, as well as creating and working to service level agreements.
Having extensive experience of working in partnership with social and video platforms is essential. You must also have led teams who are knowledgeable in how content is presented, consumed, and monetised on these platforms.
Reporting to the Chief Content and Music Officer your first task will be to look at how our Social Media and newly formed Video Hub can work closely together and collaborate across different business areas. You’ll be confident leading a team through change and bring your experience to inspire and encourage people to think and work in new ways.
You will work closely with both content and commercial leaders with the ambition to attract advertisers with content that will inform, entertain, and inspire audiences. You will also be able to use the data from our platforms, as well as hold quarterly business reviews with third party platforms, to look for insights that will inform future decision making.
Finally, you must have a dialogue with our Central Digital Team to ensure the functionality of our digital products deliver an aspirational, logical, and beautiful content experience.
- Develop new strategies to increase our content’s reach and engagement to deliver sustainable and measurable growth
- Identify and implement an effective team structure and collaborative working practices to create one centre of excellence for Video and Social content
- Lead and inspire social and video teams to fulfil the company strategy
- Identify and drive commercial opportunities with current and future partners, combining creativity with data driven insights
- Generate revenue to achieve commercial revenue targets
- Full responsibility for managing a P&L for the team
- Utilise data from both Bauer and third party platforms, to identify relevant insights that will inform future strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Content and commercial leader with proven success at leading complex teams
- Understanding of monetisation strategies for digital content
- Knowledge of digital platforms and content that engages on those platforms
- Strong interpersonal and influencer skills able to work collaboratively and effectively across teams
- Forward thinking and innovative mindset capable of spotting and exploiting new opportunities on digital platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of brand and product attributes that can be extended and stretched onto new platforms