Dublin City FM Production Assistant
Dublin City FM is seeking applications, from suitably qualified and/or experienced persons, for the position of Production Assistant for our leading daily show, “LiveDrive” (Monday to Friday), on Dublin City FM. We are a not-for-profit community radio station that broadcasts a mix of informative, special interest and non-commercial shows to an audience of almost a quarter of a million listeners.
This is an entry level position to Radio Broadcasting. Our “LiveDrive” programme is broadcast during drive-time hours, in conjunction with Dublin City Council’s Traffic Control Management Centre, where our team have access to over 400 live traffic cameras.
This is a part-time position with the winning candidate joining our panel of production assistants for the Live Drive programme. Shift times: 6.45am to 10.15am and/or from 3.45pm to 7.15pm.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to perform within a team structure, observational and multitasking abilities, be productive under pressure and have an understanding of the role of Production Assistant.
Role of Production Assistant
- Collecting and collating traffic information from 400+ cameras and inputting it accurately to form the basis of the show’s traffic reports
- When required, fill in for other team members to safeguard service delivery
- Liaise with the programme producer and station management
- Work with Dublin City Council Traffic Management Staff to ensure quality of service
- Communicate with the Road Safety Authority and all other Government Agencies
- Complete administrative functions including reports and assessments
- Attend team meetings, training and upskilling meetings
- A logical thinker who can process information while working within tight timeframes
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who communicates well
- Experience with Excel/spreadsheets an advantage
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the 8th April by e-mail to email@example.com.
Dublin City FM is an Equal Opportunities Employer.