We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
The Team: Cork’s 96FM has been entertaining and informing people since 1989. It is the No.1 radio station in the franchise area. The Opinion Line is consistently the most listened-to morning talk show in a very competitive marketplace.
Your Role: A rare opportunity has now arisen for an exceptional person to provide leadership and direction for the small team that produces this award-winning programme.
Day to day you will:
- Lead the small team producing The Opinion Line.
- Provide hands on editorial leadership ensuring content is what the target audience wants to hear and to talk about.
- Respond to audience interaction and breaking news during the show.
- Forward plan and generate fresh ideas.
- Report directly to the Local Content Controller and work with him to deliver on the goals for the programme.
- Be highly organised and work well under pressure
What we’re looking for from you:
- An ability to understand our audience and the Cork marketplace
- A creative mind and a drive to produce engaging and relevant content
- A thorough understanding of media law and relevant BAI codes.
- A good ambassador for the station, you are great at building and nurturing relationships internally and externally.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change.
- An ability to use audio recording equipment and audio editing software
- Social Media savvy with an ability to produce content for online channels including imagery and video.
- Experience in a similar role and/or on-air experience is highly desirable.
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless. Alongside pay, we offer:
- Life Assurance Benefits of 4 x your Annual Salary
- Access to a PRSA pension scheme.
- Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full
- basic salary;
- Wide range of internal and external training available, plus full e-Learning access via LinkedIn Learning
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.