Editor, Speech Factual
About the role
7digital is looking for an experienced producer/editor to lead speech production and development in our London team. We are open to both full and part time applications.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of commissioning opportunities at the BBC, Audible and beyond, across all audio networks and platforms. You will have an active interest in all types of audio and/or video content - scripted and non-scripted – and have a keen eye for potential gaps.
With an established track record in winning commissions and making content for a wide variety of outlets, you will draw on your understanding of the media landscape to fuel creative development and inventive programme making. You will work within the Creative Team to generate and develop ideas and formats for our clients, lead creative sessions, and support and coordinate the development work of junior colleagues.
You will be comfortable sharing editorial expertise and leadership in order to meet production deadlines and achieve strategic and commercial growth. You will offer suggestions of ways to improve our existing output and working practices.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and producing/exec producing projects for a variety of clients,
- Line-managing team members working in speech factual production.
- Offering leadership on BBC and commercial pitches - generating and developing ideas; drawing on expertise and contacts to pull together high quality pitches; presenting compelling written and audiovisual materials.
- Working collaboratively and sharing experience to generate and nurture ideas with colleagues.
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry developments in order to identify potential opportunities.
- Leading creative sessions.
- Maintaining strong relationships with our key clients.
Key Skills & Experience
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Displays the highest standards of production, research and editing skills.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of writing successful proposals.
- Ability to identify potential opportunities.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Bonus birthday day off
- Pension, Healthcare cashback and Group Life benefits
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work
- Pet friendly, fully serviced offices in the heart of Camden with views over the canal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all underrepresented backgrounds. If you require any adjustments as part of our hiring process please let us know.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply for the role directly with us;