Entertainment Content Editor
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Bauer Media’s Music & Entertainment (M&E) stations combined reach over 1.5 million listeners a week in Ireland. The home to well-known and much-loved personalities including Ian Dempsey, Dermot & Dave, Pamela Joyce, Graham & Nathan, Matt Cooper, Ed & Valerie, Rebecca & Brendan, world super-star DJ Joel Corry, and many more. Our Music & Entertainment stations have established a reputation for entertaining, intelligent, energetic, and original market leading content, supported with strong news, sport and current-affairs values
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Editor you will contribute to the M&E vision, directing and coordinating all broadcast entertainment teams within the strategy parameters. The lead coach of entertainment talent, and the direct manager of the production teams supporting that talent. A creative content lead that inspires, manages and represents the Entertainment Vision of Bauer Media Audio Ireland.
What you will do:
- Working with production and presentation talent on their creative, delivery, supporting development and maintenance of our standards.
- Review all entertainment content, recording all action points and keeping relevant teams on their content path to success.
- Contributing to content strategy plans for every M&E channel managing the delivery path of this content from its beginning to actual broadcast.
- Work directly with show producers, consult and direct the coordination of choosing contributors / guests to feature on all shows, identifying the why and how to achieve optimum audio form this.
- Contribute creative to all commercial and channel activity, making sure all is compliant and can clear activity for broadcast in the absence of the Managing Editor.
- Guide digital teams on what entertainment content transfers from broadcast to on-demand platforms. Identifying what is great and what isn’t, creating or curating solutions for M&E teams to be consistently using top standard audio post broadcast.
- Talent development and coordination. From the most senior talents to identifying and bringing through the future talents that will create and or deliver our world market leading audio entertainment.
- Contributor to the M&E senior production team, always plugged into all M&E activity, clearly communicating own activity, supporting other senior team members responsibilities.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have senior experience of working within entertainment radio broadcasting or an audio production environment.
- You have the ability to work well with others and thrive in a group working environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and a keen attention to detail.
- You are flexible and able to work weekends.
- You have a knowledge of RCS Master Control/Zetta would be an advantage.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Our employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Inspiring, Responsible, Collaborative, Authentic and Proud’. We live by these values every day.