Entertainment Reporter and Content Producer
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Magic, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
The Entertainment Hub is a dynamic team of highly skilled multi-media Journalists, Talent Bookers and Video Producers who capture and share entertainment content across all Bauer’s brands and platforms. With unprecedented access to talent, they optimize and deliver content that cuts through the noise, growing our brands awareness and reach on socials and providing valuable branded content opportunities for our commercial teams.
Focus of your Role:
Reporting into the Entertainment Content Director and working alongside the Entertainment Hub team you will research, produce, edit and present exciting and exclusive entertainment content – distributing it to Bauer’s radio, magazine, TV and digital brands. You’ll be pivotal to our entertainment news service and to developing creative video content to engage and grow our digital audience on socials.
What you’ll do:
Entertaining and engaging our audiences with exciting content is absolutely central to what the Entertainment Hub does. As our Reporter and Content producer you’ll work with the Snr Ents Reporter and our video producers writing, producing, presenting and distributing daily audio and digital entertainment content to our brands and those serviced by us as part of content partnerships.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Reporting on a variety of entertainment stories, events and awards ceremonies.
- Interviewing celebrities from the worlds of TV, film, music and social media.
- Setting the news agenda as well as following it.
- Optimizing our content to engage and entertain our audiences - growing our digital reach.
- Following best practice, ensuring your content and entertainment news is of the highest quality, abiding by Ofcom and media law.
- Working closely with the Ents Hub team and our digital teams across the business coming up with creative video formats and strategies to optimise our digital content.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with film/TV/music PRs.
What you’ll bring:
- You are an experienced multi-media broadcast journalist with a first- class radio and digital skill set.
- You are organised, think on the spot, prioritise and spot a story in any situation – whilst keeping calm under pressure.
- You have a good technical mind and are at ease in a radio studio and video edit suite.
- You have a thorough knowledge of ISDNs, cameras, a range of audio recording devices and audio and video editing programmes.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible, sociable and easy-going – whilst always producing first class content.
- You have an excellent on-air voice and are equally confident in front of or behind the camera.
- You have established experience in reading and writing bulletins, reporting live from the field and working to tight deadlines.
- Your writing is sharp and on point. Accuracy is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in red-carpet reporting and celebrity interviewing – you’re well known for brave unique and compelling lines of questioning.
- You are known and trusted within the entertainment and news circuits and have Music, TV, PR and Film contacts.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- 2 years experience is desirable.
- An NCTJ recognised broadcast journalism course is essential.
- An in-depth knowledge of a variety of audio and video recording and editing systems.
- The ability to self-produce video packages is essential as is the ability to edit video with skill and speed.
- An exceptional knowledge of social media platforms and how best to use them to find and engage new and existing audiences.
What we’ll offer you:
Our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to write a cover letter and CV and send this in along with a showreel of your previous experience including reading radio bulletins, presenting to camera and examples of how your content has performed well on social media. To apply: