Evening Presenter for LMFM
Evening Presenter for LMFM - This role is based in Drogheda, Ireland
Are you looking to kick start your career in radio? Would you like the opportunity to be able to present and shape your own show during prime time in the evenings? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League and other leading sports bodies to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music Times Radio and talkRADIO are the UK’s most exciting national speech radio services, offering fresh choice in news and current affairs across multiple platforms. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
LMFM is the local radio station for Counties Louth and Meath. We have a broadcast footprint reaching over 300,000 adults stretching from North County Dublin to the border with Northern Ireland. We are the region’s favourite and most popular radio station, a position we have held for the last 30 years. Each day we broadcast a broad and varied range of award winning programmes attracting an average daily listenership of 75,000 adults
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself on the Number 1 radio station in the North East. Reporting directly to the Content Controller, you will be given every support available to make the best content possible with ample scope to place your own unique stamp on the programme.
This role is to host the Amplified show from Monday to Friday between 6pm - 10pm.
Day to day you will:
- Be expected to prepare engaging content links with excellent attention to detail.
- Know the lifestyle and interests of today’s 20-40 year olds.
- Be familiar with the relevant social media platforms used by our listeners. Streaming services such as Netflix etc, plus podcasts and video.
- Have an understanding of our North East franchise area and what’s happening in it.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Have demonstrable broadcast experience of music presentation geared for a 20-40 year old audience.
- Have demonstrable ability to connect and engage with the target audience across relevant social media platforms.
- Have demonstrable experience of using video as a communication tool for modern audiences.
- Possess a deep knowledge and understanding of music from chart hits to new releases and gold categories.
- Have a good knowledge of pop culture including entertainment and movie celebrity news.
- Familiarise yourself with the music and artists that will make up the show. Have an affinity for the lifestyle of the LMFM audience
- Have a creative approach to music presentation for the target audience.
- Engage enthusiastically with programming management in the area of client promotion
Life at News
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.