Executive Podcast Producer
We are Wireless. Wireless is a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News Corp UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates successful radio brands in the UK and Ireland. These include popular national brands such as talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station, talkRADIO, Virgin Radio, home of the Chris Evans Breakfast Show weekdays and Graham Norton at the weekends, and Times Radio. We also run market-leading stations embedded in their local communities in Ireland. Alongside our award-winning radio stations we create audio and visual content for millions of people across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love across multi platforms.
The Team: Stories of our Times
Since launching at the start of the pandemic Stories of our Times has become required listening as the programme tells one story in depth every day.
Your Role: Executive Producer
Wireless are offering an exciting and rare opportunity to join The Times and The Sunday Times and Wireless studios to manage and lead the award winning Stories of our Times daily podcast team. The role will require creativity, experience in narrative podcasting and a news background.
Day to day you will:
- Lead and manage the podcast programming team
- Manage podcast production, including budgets, staffing and creative.
- Produce industry leading regular original daily podcast programmes.
- Lead and encourage other members of the team in best-in-class digital podcast practices.
- Act as advocate for the project across the wider News UK corporation.
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility in the working hours is paramount.
What we’re looking for from you:
We are looking for an executive producer who is an efficient and confident communicator with extraordinary storytelling abilities, and who is proactive, has excellent writing skills and with creative ideas on how to make compelling content.
- Senior journalistic experience to manage a sizeable programme team
- Evidence of working as a producer to a high standard in a potentially stressful news environment
- Strong editorial/narrative judgement
- Ability to communicate on a leadership/executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions
- Audio storytelling with production on a successful podcast, news radio programme or relevant commercial podcasting know-how
- Must have experience editing audio and be familiar with software.
- Extensive experience in a fast paced digital environment, with an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
- Strong cross-departmental collaborative skills
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.