We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020, Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: You will lead the production team for The Chris Evans Breakfast Show.
Your Role: As the Executive Producer - you will ensure the smooth running of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show and tailor content to Content Director’s brief.
Day to day you will:
- Editorially responsible for the delivery and development of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky.
- Refining and improving the output on and off air - consolidate the strengths of the existing shows and work upon the areas that require development.
- Working with and supporting high-profile talent and guests.
- Managing and contributing ideas relating to guests, features and digital content.
- Managing, developing, coaching and inspiring the production team ensuring the vision for the show is communicated and understood. Providing a strong sense of direction and a supportive environment in which to work.
- Working in conjunction with S&P, to manage the relationship with the commercial partners including the competitions, creative and editorial output.
- Support with implementing a clear social media and digital strategy for the Breakfast show in conjunction with the Digital Manager.
- Assisting the Content Director with implementing the broader programming strategy for Virgin Radio.
- Responsible for ensuring clear communication with other EP’s and AP’s.
- Working to clear and attainable targets on listener figures and motivate teams to achieve them.
- Undertaking any other responsibility deemed appropriate.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A passion for radio production and an ear for great audio
- Competent in the use of relevant software, including but not limited to Zetta, G-Selector, Phone-Box, Audition, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of the radio industry including audiences, competitors and trends.
- A creative mind, ability to think differently and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of the current news environment and endless suggestions for suitable guests
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- Used to working closely with presenters
- A trusted pair of hands you have a reliable understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.