Executive Producer – Entertainment Shows (New York)
Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for an Executive Producer of Entertainment Programming to oversee the growth of that team and development of a range of new shows in New York.
‘Entertainment’ is a broad title for a reason. We want to be making a broad range of podcasts in the US office from quiz to comedy, from chat to studio based. You can think of ‘entertainment’ shows as everything other than narrative shows.
What you’ll do:
- Be one of the key senior creative leaders in the Somethin’ Else New York office.
- Initiate and lead on all entertainment podcasts
- Identify shows, series and creative treatments for consideration for the green light process.
- Work with the VP, US Podcasts to oversee the development of all entertainment podcasts. This will include:
- Sourcing talented presenters, storytellers and hosts, and identifying new series to be produced
- Helping staff to work up their ideas to a status ready to take to greenlight meeting
- Working on and pitching your own original ideas
- Actively monitor competitive landscape for creative opportunities, audience trends and gaps in the market
- Input into the sign off (green light) process for treatments put forward by US and UK production teams
- Work closely with the VP, US Podcasts to establish creative expectations, ambitions and goals for the company’s output
- Line manage the entertainment team members & freelancers working on the team
- Act as story editor across shows/series, providing feedback on shows, scripts and sound design
- Work with the VP, US Podcasts to put together the ideal production team (producers, APs, engineer, etc.) to make the shows
- Work with the production management team and producers to put together budgets and production calendars for all non-fiction podcasts, helping to ensure proper tracking of show budgets and production timelines
- Input into discussions around artwork, marketing, PR and sales for the shows you are overseeing
- Input into wider podcast discussion with global leadership team
Who You Are:
- Someone with 10+ years experience producing and overseeing entertainment content production (ideally with some of those years in podcast production)
- A person who loves taking the seed of an idea, developing and polishing it and teasing out the best bits to make it absolutely excellent.
- A leader who enjoys working with a team of diverse creatives, helping them to grow, develop and be their best selves
- You are an excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners.
- You have a deep understanding of the podcasting landscape
- You are excellent at understanding and articulating writing for creative concepts and have the ability to autonomously own projects from start to finish.
- Ability to travel as/when needed.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work. Applications close at midnight on 27th August 2021.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.