Executive Producer (London Based)
Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in London, New York and LA.
We are looking for an Executive Producer to work on factual narrative podcasts in London. The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team, leading development and production of podcasts for a global audience.
What you’ll do:
As an Executive Producer of factual narrative podcasts your role will include:
- Acting as story editor across shows/series, providing editorial and creative feedback on narrative structure, scripts and sound design
- Working with the VP, Factual Podcasts UK, to put together the ideal production team (producers, APs, engineer, etc.) to make the shows
- Working with the production management team and producers to put together budgets and production calendars, and helping to ensure proper tracking of show budgets and production timelines
- Input into discussions around artwork, marketing, PR and sales for the shows you are overseeing
- Line managing producers in the factual team
- Developing and pitching your own original ideas
- Identifying and building partnerships with talented presenters, journalists and other storytellers, working with them to develop ideas for new podcasts
- Helping producers and APs develop their ideas
- Actively monitoring competitive landscape for creative opportunities, audience trends and gaps in the market
Who You Are:
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in audio production
- Experience as an executive producer and/or story editor of long-form narrative audio shows
- Strong and creative story-telling skills
- A track record of identifying and developing great stories into audio series
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines
- A love of audio and wide-ranging podcast listening habits
- A leader who enjoys working with a team of diverse creatives, helping them to grow, develop and be their best selves
- An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners
- A deep understanding of the podcasting landscape
What we can offer:
Being part of a large global entertainment organisation you’d expect great benefits and you won’t be disappointed. From promoting wellbeing to supporting our parent community to free gig tickets: we’ve got you covered.
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A competitive salary package, including participation in Sony’s bonus scheme
- Our Unmind app provides our employees with the tools they need to proactively support their wellbeing
- Premium days as well as an annual leave entitlement, and the ability to trade holiday
- Private medical, dental and life insurance, health screenings and eye tests
- Virtual GP access
- Cycle to work scheme and access to some great gym discounts
- We have maternity, adoption and shared parental leave entitlements that ensure our people are supported during some of the most important moments of their lives
- An annual gig allowance as well as a monthly allowance for new music
- A generous pension scheme that double matches your contributions
- National Art Pass, season ticket loans and a discounted Spotify account
- Great deals on Sony electronics
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work. Applications close at midnight on 16th August 2021.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.