Freelance Factual-Entertainment Producers
Somethin’ Else creates award-winning audio for an extensive and rapidly expanding range of brands and broadcasters. We produce radio programmes for the BBC, commercial radio, podcasts and audiobooks for a global audience.
As our team continues to grow, we’re looking for experienced, freelance factual-entertainment producers to work on our food and gardening output. We expect to be able to offer successful candidates either a fixed term contract or freelance work up until the end of 2021.
The role will involve:
- Sourcing, interviewing and recording contributors
- Editing and scripting episodes
- Working alongside journalists and presenters as well as executive producers and assistant producers
- Generating, developing and pitching ideas
We’re looking for producers who have:
- Demonstrable experience in audio production or TV / film production
- Experience making factual-entertainment formats and discussion shows, and experience or interest in food / gardening content
- A love of audio and wide-ranging podcast and radio listening habits
- A passion for uncovering great stories
- A strong understanding of what makes a compelling podcast
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines and within a budget
- Experience of working collaboratively with talent and with a team
Rate: £200-250 per day depending on experience.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work and highlighting your availability. Applications close at midnight on July 12th 2021.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
Somethin’ Else is a Sony Music Entertainment company.