Freelance Factual Producer
Freelance factual producers, specialising in current affairs or business content.
Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in London, New York and LA.
We’re looking for an experienced factual producer to work on an exciting podcast for a high profile business client on a freelance basis, starting as soon as possible.
You will be working in a team based in both the US and UK that includes two journalist-hosts, an editor, an executive producer, an assistant producer, a production manager and a mixing engineer. We’re happy to accept applications for this role from producers who would like to work remotely. We’re also happy for this producer to work out of our offices in London or New York.
What you’ll do
- Source potential contributors
- Conduct pre-interviews and interviews
- Script and edit episodes
- Generating, developing and pitch ideas for episodes
Who you are
- An experienced audio producer
- Experience making business, current affairs, factual formats, or discussion shows
- A love of audio and wide-ranging podcast and radio listening habits
- A passion for uncovering great stories
- A strong understanding of what makes a compelling podcast
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines and within a budget
- Experience of working collaboratively with talent and with a team
Rate: £200-250 per day depending on experience.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work and highlighting your availability. Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 13th April.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.