Freelance Producer – Podcast
Somethin’ Else are looking for an experienced freelance producer for a long-form documentary podcast. We expect the timeline from start to finish to be around 8 months.
This is a historical story of a woman in the public eye who overcame a scandal.
You will be working in a team that includes an Executive Producer, Associate Producer, Presenter and Sound Engineer as well as support from our Production Management and Post Production teams.
The role will include:
- Working with the executive producer to shape the structure of the podcast
- Sourcing, interviewing and recording contributors
- Editing and scripting episodes
We’re looking for producers who have:
- Experience of long form narrative storytelling
- An interest and knowledge of African American popular culture from the 80s and 90s through to the present day would be an advantage.
- A love of audio and wide-ranging podcast listening habits
- A strong understanding of what makes a compelling story
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines and within a budget
- Experience of working collaboratively with talent and with a team
We can offer a day rate of £225 – £300 depending on your level of experience.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work and highlighting your availability. Applications close at midnight on 11th October 2021.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
Somethin’ Else is a Sony Music Entertainment company.