Full-time and Part-time News and Sports Journalists
The successful candidates will be highly skilled, self-starters able to write, produce, record, edit and present stories under deadline pressure.
- Compile and present news and sports bulletins
- Gather information, attend markings and conduct interviews
- Write clear concise news scripts for on air
- Generate original stories
- Write stories for online, podcast audio and occasionally produce short videos
- Required to work flexible hours
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a news environment.
- Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, working independently.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (adobe / cool edit) an advantage
- Have an excellent knowledge of social media. Mobile Journalism skills an advantage.
- Effective news writing, storytelling ability & reading skills.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field is desirable.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure, work well within a team, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
- Must be organised and highly motivated.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full driver’s license is essential.
To apply, email your CV, your preference for full time or part time work, and a short mp3 demo to email@example.com. Closing date is Wednesday June 2nd