Full-time news and sports Journalist
Beat 102 103 is recruiting a full-time, multi-platform, news and sports journalist to join the team at the Broadcast Centre in Waterford.
The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled, self-starter who is able to write, produce, record, edit & present stories under deadline pressure.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, produce, edit and report ‘live’ assigned stories daily.
- Have an excellent knowledge of social media.
- Prepare and present news and sports bulletins.
- Required to work predominately weekday morning and afternoon shifts, but some weekend work will be included.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in news or similar radio / newspaper / website / tv role.
- Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, and working alone.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (adobe / cool edit / Burli)
- Effective news writing, storytelling ability & reading skills.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok) is essential.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field is desirable.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure, work well within a team, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
- Must be organised and highly motivated.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full driver’s license is essential for this role.
To apply, please forward a CV and a short demo (mp3) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Friday, 18th February 2022.