Head of News and Sport
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio. From FM104 in Dublin, to U105 in Belfast, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities.
Job Title: Head of News and Sport – FM104 and Q102
Location: Dublin - FM104 and Q102
The Head of News is a key role in the operation of both FM104 and Q102, requiring a high level of attention to detail and the ability to deliver consistently on the content mission of each service. As Head of News you will understand where news and current affairs sits in the overall station output.
Working closely with the Local Content Controller, the Head of News will design and deliver world class news and information content tailored to our Dublin audiences of 15-34 year olds and 35-55 year olds respectively.
What we’re looking for from you:
• Significant news experience National or Dublin.
• Direct experience at desk editor level.
• Direct experience as reporter in Dublin market.
• Detailed knowledge of Burli News software system.
• Good editorial judgement.
• Highly developed news and current affairs sense.
• Working knowledge of major sports
• Excellent on air broadcasting ability.
• Excellent digital and social media skills.
• Excellent demonstrable administration skills.
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills for a modern news team.
• Good knowledge of broadcasting compliance issues.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.