Head of Social Media Manager & Video
Head of Social Media Manager & Video - Times Radio
Permanent full-time position
Based: The News Building, London SE1
We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love.
Times Radio is a new voice in national speech digital radio that has been making waves since its launch in June 2020. We now want to build on that by improving our social media activity and on-air visualisation.
We have built up a strong reputation for providing well-informed, thoughtful, intelligent and useful news, analysis and discussion, covering the key stories of the day. We combine the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the deep speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless to create a station that listeners are enjoying in ever-greater numbers. We have a world-class line-up of presenters and excellent guests, who enjoy the fact that we minimise interruptions and prioritise conversation over confrontation.
We want to enhance our social media activity and on-air visualisation, and are looking for a creative, motivated, journalistically-driven Head of Social Media & Video to oversee the production of lively, impactful social media content for Times Radio.
We want someone who lives and breathes social media and loves nothing more than the moment a post gets shared around the world.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Develop and execute a strategy for social media across a variety of platforms
- Lead social media assistant producers in creating compelling, journalistically-strong social posts that share the strongest moments from Times Radio to help set the agenda
- Collaborate with presenters and the broadcast teams to improve and make the most of the visualised studio output
- Oversee and upgrade processes and workflows to improve output
- Lead Times Radio’s adoption of emerging social platforms and tools, and take responsibility for the growth of its new social channels.
- Liaise with departments across the company, including engineering, designers and marketing to develop the on-air visualisation
What we’re looking for from you:
- Proven experience developing and executing successful social media strategies
- Strong experience in creating compelling, successful social media content, particularly on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
- Passion for news and journalism
- Experience of working in a newsroom and/or in speech radio
- Track record in improving visualisation of on-air output
- Technical proficiency in multimedia technology including video editing systems, Photoshop etc
- Good understanding of social media analytics and how to increase shareability of posts and follower numbers
- Positive collaborative approach to working in a busy newsroom
Please apply via this site with your CV and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role along with what contribution you believe you could make to Times Radio's social and video output.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.