Imaging Editor – Today FM
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Today FM is Ireland’s Number 1 Commercial Radio Station entertaining an audience of almost 900,000 people every day. Home to well-known and much-loved personalities including Ian Dempsey, Dermot & Dave, Mairead Ronan, Fergal D’Arcy and Matt Cooper, Today FM has established a reputation for entertaining, intelligent and energetic programming, supported with strong news, sport and current-affairs values.
We’re seeking someone to create market-leading imaging and co-branded content solutions for Today FM and all its broadcast platforms. Reporting to the Content & Programming Director, you will be the driving force behind Today FM’s sound to drive the station content strategy forward.
You’ll be joining the music and entertainment team – as part of the brilliant Today FM brand. Creating every woosh, blip, promo, jingle, and sponsor credit that runs across the station.
What you’ll do:
- You will influence the sound of Irelands biggest commercial radio station, Today FM, and also contribute to the imaging strategy of the music & entertainment sector at Bauer Media Audio Ireland.
- You’re passionate about creating audio imaging that bursts with energy and you’ll be using your skills to innovate the brand's sound and consistently at a world-class standard.
- From lovingly mixing the opener to one of our massive live events, to building an imaging package for the Ian Dempsey breakfast show – you’re thriving with audio creativity, you will deliver ideas easily and right into our audience’s ears.·
- We’ll give you the tools, you’ll give Today FM your best work yet.
If the following sounds like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You’re an audio producer with an excellent understanding of how to make incredible production with demonstrable experience of producing for big audio brands.
- You’ve had years of practice making radio sound world-class, have extensive knowledge of Pro Tools and loads of new ideas about how to make Today FM consistently sound like one of the best in the world.
- You live and breathe audio production and love hearing a slick sound to the stations you work on. You’re passionate about imaging, can bore anyone who listens about the latest plugins, and are tuned in to the latest music trends too.
- You’re great at writing and also making the words of others come alive; happy to come up with a creative sound and equally happy working within brand constraints.
- You produce exceptional audio that works for both the radio station and the client, and when asked you can turn your hand to working across our other brands with ease.
- You’ll be happy stepping up to speak to content leads to create solutions and you’ll be happy sharing ideas, skills and your passion amongst a large and talented team.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- A Pro Tools wizard
- Experience of working in a radio broadcasting, music streaming or audio on demand environment.
- Ability to work well with others and thrive in a group working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of RCS Master Control/Zetta would be an advantage.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.