We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Your Role: You will work within the Inventory Hub to ensure the smooth and professional running of the Wireless Inventory Department, ensuring revenues are maximised with pro active inventory management, delivery of high standards of internal and external customer service , and maintaining quality scheduling to maintain on air commercial output. You will report to the Head of Inventory and be focussed on supporting the commercial teams in hitting revenue targets.
Day to day you will:
- Manage Airtime inventory in ways which maximise revenue across the Wireless Network (12 stations)
- Schedule all advertising campaigns accurately, ensuring all sales guarantees and inventory policies are delivered.
- Schedule all S&P activity accurately around a number of key properties including items such as Live Sport, Simulcast periods and the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Virgin Radio
- Accurately model & communicate inventory pressures to all sales teams
- Provide post campaign reports and analysis
- Ensure correct copy broadcasts on all campaigns and to check for quality and legal compliance
- Receive commercial audio and maintain archive
- Liaise with the Activation and Digital Audio Ops Teams to ensure copy is shared where applicable
- Load commercial audio onto RCS Zetta playout system
- Reconciling commercial logs post transmission
- Management of all GTN, Newslink & Radio Trading Desk relationships
- Adserve Sales system suite administration and support
- J-ET trading software administration and support
- Nielsen Media management
What we’re looking for from you:
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good telephone manner
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines
- Works with great attention to detail
- Takes initiative and works in a proactive way
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.