Junior Media Account Executive
Into to Station/ Business:
Live95 is the Market Leading Radio Station in Limerick City and County with almost 100,000 people tuning in each week. We provide broad format Music and Entertainment, Local News and Talk to our audience. Live95 also has a strong online following on live95.ie and across our social platforms.
The Team: Live95’s local Sales Team is responsible for developing and selling advertising solutions to local businesses in Limerick across our on-air, digital and on the street platforms. The team plays a core part in achieving Live95’s business and revenue goals.
Your Role: We are seeking a dynamic person to join our Local Sales team in Limerick. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, the key focus of this role is to develop and sell cross-platform advertising solutions, including on-air, sponsorship and promotions, digital audio, online and social whilst meeting monthly and annual revenue targets.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, have a “can do” attitude and the ability to manage and deliver campaigns through effective relationship management with clients and Live95 internal teams.
Competitive remuneration, car allowance and commission package, as well as training support available to the successful candidate.
Day to day you will:
- Manage and grow a portfolio of current customers
- Develop new business for Live95 across our platforms
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Meet weekly sales KPIs as set by your Sales Manager
- Prepare accurate advertising contracts on behalf of the company
- Prepare various reports as required
- Complete all sales-related paperwork including reports, bookings, productions requests, solutions briefs, credit applications, CRM, etc.
- Adhere to all sales department policies, including recommended rates and packages
- Attend and completes all aspects of sales training programmes
- Assist with special sales-related projects
- Stay abreast of competitive conditions
- Consistently strive for best-in-class customer care delivery
What we’re looking for from you:
- Self-starter, highly motivated and target driven
- Tech-savvy with strong knowledge of digital platforms
- Strong organisational skills
- A good communicator and effective listener
- Keenly observant to spot opportunities, and grasp them
- Passion for numbers to help accurately forecast and track your sales revenue
- Understanding of the media marketplace including traditional and digital media
- Some experience in B2B field sales is desirable but not essential
- Someone with an interest in Media and Marketing and willingness to learn and develop more.
- Full clean driving licence and own car
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.