We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Commercial Video.
Overview of job
We are looking for an outstanding and ambitious Junior Producer to join our team delivering industry-leading branded video content across all of Global’s brands.
The successful candidate will be completely at home in the digital world - a passionate consumer of digital content with an in depth understanding of what we and other publishers are doing, and who has a clear vision of the content they want to produce. We have some of the UK’s biggest and most engaged social audiences across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter so you will have a huge shop window for your work.
We’re looking for a Junior Producer who can add sparkle to every project they work on, taking the seed of an idea and growing it to create stand out content which amazes and delights our audiences as well our clients.
Every project will be different, and every client and every Global brand brings an outstanding set of requirements, so we need someone with positivity, energy and the ability to manage multiple partners, all whilst delivering outstanding results.
3 best things about the job
- You will be delivering projects with some of the best brands in the world on some of the largest digital platforms in the UK - there will be a lot of eyes on your work.
- You will be working with a hugely passionate and encouraging team!
- Our projects are creative, innovative and often involve big shoots with big talent.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Delivered your first project seeing it through creative development, client sign off, shoot and post-production
- Fostered and grown relationships within the video department as well as across our commercial, digital and social teams.
- Successfully managed all partners in your projects to ensure their needs are met in the final videos produced.
- Supported other producers in the team by sharing the best production practices as well as contributing creative ideas for new and upcoming projects.
- Maintained consistent, timely and professional communication across the business.
- Understood and adopted internal processes, workflows and policies.
Responsibilities of the role
- Responsible for all aspects of the production of branded video content. 99% of our work is delivered on social platforms – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok. So we want producers who understand these platforms, engage with them as a consumer and understand the latest production values and trends.
- You will be involved in projects in their entirety - from creation, scripting, client integration and sign-off to the shoot and post-production phases. You will be supported by the leadership team and our commercial department.
- Planning and implementing all element of the projects, including drawing up production schedules, budgets, and PPM documents
- Work with the leadership team to maintain our top-quality output on commercial content.
- Work with our commercial team and clients/agencies direct to ensure the client brand shines through in the content we produce whilst the content remains true to the brand identity of the Global social channel it will be published on.
- Maintain a very strong attention to detail, driving the project forward whilst taking on and managing the input of multiple partners.
- Lead shoots and productions - complete risk assessments, call sheets and organise kit and crew alongside our Production Management team.
- Negotiating and managing costs with suppliers/crew.
- Managing multiple requests simultaneously and seek internal or external resource where appropriate.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- An extensive knowledge of all aspects of video production techniques and workflows.
- Our work lives predominantly on social, and so generally sits between the 1 to 3 minutes range. We’re therefore looking for a dynamic storyteller who knows how to squeeze every ounce of information into every frame and get a story moving quickly.
- At Global, we have access to the very best talent in the world, and they regularly feature in our videos. You will be confident and comfortable working with household names.
- Our turnarounds can be tight and you may need to juggle multiple projects at the same time. A global producer knows how to show initiative, handle pressure and deliver when it counts all while managing expectations and knowing when to say no.
- A can-do attitude, willing to focus and commit and to always be professional and courteous towards your colleagues and clients.
- Experience (budgeting/planning/scheduling/H&S) and positive relationships (casting/crew/locations/equipment/suppliers) within production both used to drive high creative standards throughout the projects from conception to delivery.
- You will work to and within budgets, balancing all finances at end of shoots
- Be adept at negotiation, mediation and giving your expert opinion to effectively manage partners.
- Experience at another publisher, agency or production company. We anticipate the majority of your experience will be in the digital landscape.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as well as pitching and working with clients
- Good connections in the industry and an established network of crew.
- Must be confident in making decisions, whilst balancing the views of others.
- Must be a team player - an empathetic character who sees value in all views and who can lead and get the most out of a team
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global