Junior Video Producer
Bauer Media reaches over 22 million UK adults. We connect our audiences with compelling and quality content whenever, wherever and however they want.
The Entertainment Hub is a dynamic team of highly skilled multi-media Journalists, Talent Bookers and Video Producers who capture and share entertainment content across all Bauer’s brands and platforms.
Reporting into the Entertainment Content Director, with a dotted line into the Senior Video Producer, you will assist our video team in the creation, delivery and optimisation of compelling entertainment video content for Bauer’s biggest radio and magazine brands. Whether in the studio, on location, through a green screen or on the red carpet, you have a passion for and good knowledge of video production and understand it’s potential to market our brands.
- Shooting in studio and on location.
- Lighting set and recording & monitoring sound quality.
- Editing, after FX and graphics.
- Plan, prioritise and manage workloads across multiple productions at any one time.
- Delivering content that is accurate, on-brand, up-to-date and appealing to the audience.
- Exporting video files and uploading video to all digital touch points.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop ideas and concepts.
- Work with video team to implement and maintain a house-style for all video creation.
- Looking after video kit including lighting – ensure all kit is up to date and report any faults.
- You will work directly with our teams on digital best practice, creating exciting graphics, compelling edits, thumbnails that pop, repeatable formats and content that drives engagement, subscriptions and followers.
- You’ll manage a sometimes heavy workload under pressure by effectively prioritizing, planning ahead, and overseeing multiple tasks at any one time.
- You’ll assist our video team and ensure video content is produced and delivered to deadline and a high editorial standard.
- You can identify online trends and personalities, including emerging memes and cultural conversations – and have a genuine passion for celebrity, popular culture and working in media.
The Ideal Candidate
- Analytical thinker with the ability to translate performance data and audience insights into developing video formats.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning and application of appropriate best practices.
- Ability to focus and follow through on priorities and deliver quality results.
- Clear understanding of competitor activity and consumer behaviour.
- Sound editorial judgment with a passion for storytelling.
- Good camera, lighting and location shooting skills.
- Experience in shooting and filming artist music sessions and gigs.
- Significant experience using Adobe Premiere.
- Understanding of compression formats for delivery to a range of medium.
- CMS, YouTube and online video platform experience.
- Comfortable using Mac and PC.
- Storyboarding and scripting.
- Awareness of media law and Ofcom compliance.
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements on shoots.
- General graphic and 3D skills highly advantageous including Photoshop and After Effects.
- Photography skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of videographers.
- Pro-active, committed, quick thinking and able to work calmly under pressure.
- A team player at every level, and able to work with stakeholders to see a project through to completion.
- You have solid experience in editing and good knowledge of shooting, combined with a good understanding of all social media platforms, from a video POV.
- Adapting to Covid times, you’ve worked out exciting ways to get creative with Zoom and have technical knowledge of live streaming events and interviews on all social platforms.
What we’ll offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send your video showreel, CV and a cover letter to Junior Video Producer | Jobs and careers with Bauer Media