MAGIC RADIO – IMAGING & SHOW PRODUCER
Magic is a fun team to work in. We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Music knowledge is important.As a Magic Producer you are required to positively contribute to the production and development of multi-platform programming across the Magic channels. The role will include creative imaging to support the station messaging and producing studio-based live shows.
What you will do
You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Write and produce creative station imaging (trailers and idents) across the Magic Network stations.
- Develop and implement ideas and concepts to help communicate the station music policy and strap-line.
- Assist in writing and directing recording sessions with our station voice-overs.
- Plan and produce designated shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows.
You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Competent imaging production skills. Knowledge of using Pro Tools and Adobe Audition is essential.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Good creative ideas and trail writing skills.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code is essential.
If you would like to be considered for this role we require the following at the application stage;
- Write up an idea to demonstrate the music mix on Magic which could be played as a piece of imaging, and say how / where that piece of audio would be placed within a show
- Come up with a feature idea for a weekend afternoon show on Magic. Explain the rationale behind your idea and why it would fit the show and audience
- Send your CV and covering letter
When you create your account in the Careers Hub you will be required to upload a link to a drop box account (or similar.) If you have technical difficulties please email careershub@bauermedia,co.uk quoting the Job title and Job reference and your details will be passed to the hiring team prior to shortlisting.