Digital Managing Editor – Classic FM
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Digital Managing Editor, Classic FM Interactive
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Managing Editor, Classic FM and Head of Editorial & SEO
Overview of job
- Global is looking for a talented editor with proven success in digital to help lead Classic FM's digital output, strategy and team.
- Does this mean you have to be an expert in Schumann or Strauss? Not necessarily, but you will need to know how to lead a passionate team of content creators and drive engagement across multiple platforms. You’ll know your SEO from your SMO, and have a track record of leading a content strategy – but most of all, you’ll be excited about delivering fantastic content every day to drive a new audience into the wonderful world of classical music.
- Over the last year Classic FM has seen record-breaking increases in traffic, video views and reach – and looking ahead, we have many exciting projects in store. Come and join our dynamic digital team as we take the brand even further.
3 best things about the job
- Opportunity to manage the UK’s leading digital brand on classical music.
- Become to digital evangelist for the brand, working closely with the programming Managing Editor to advise on new potential opportunities.
- Work closely with the presenters to ensure the very best digital experience for our users, spot opportunities to drive search and social traffic.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Managed the daily content workflow with the digital team
- Established strong working relationship with the programming managing editor
- Met key stakeholders for the org – marketing, press, commercial, video and audience development team.
- Started to contribute with some very exciting projects ahead!
Responsibilities of the role
- Manage the day-to-day operational success of ClassicFM.com, our social media channels and app. Devise a winning digital editorial strategy for Classic FM.
- Offer leadership to Classic FM’s digital team and direction to editorial and commercial partners.
- Deliver engaging content that makes classical music accessible to as many people as possible, while satisfying those members of our audience who are already classical music fans.
- Increase our audience (unique users, new registrations, video views and reach) to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Support on-air output by working with the programming and production teams to define and produce regular innovative on-air / online ideas that will increase on-air listening and online traffic.
- Oversee the editorial plan for the Classic FM website, ensuring a regular content pipeline to capture social media and SEO traffic and extend these audiences.
- Deliver content that is topical, timely, enjoyable and engaging.
- Uphold editorial standards and ensure tone is consistent across platforms.
- Feed the editorial plan into the wider on-air editorial team, as well as Global’s other media brands, to share content ideas, techniques and improve efficiencies across the group.
- Work with commercial teams to develop native advertising ideas and build strategies and create content to promote Classic FM products.
- Identify and make contact with external partners to source content and extend the audience.
- Work with stakeholders at Global to deliver special projects.
- Deliver engaging coverage of Classic FM’s live events and special features, such as Classic FM Live and the Classic FM Hall of Fame chart.
- Use analytics to monitor and improve traffic, user experience and trends. Form an SEO strategy, with support, to increase search traffic to the website.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Strong track record of creating and managing compelling interactive products and content.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent and demonstrable passion for classical music.
- Editorial strategy experience, preferably within a fast-moving entertainment business.
- Self-starting, enterprising and ready to deliver ideas.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global