Managing Editor – Music & Entertainment
Managing Editor - Music & Entertainment, Communicorp Media
Communicorp Media is Ireland’s premier media company and the home to some of Ireland's leading commercial media brands. In Ireland we are proud to count Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin 103.8, Spin South West, Off the Ball, AudioXi and GoLoud as the phenomenal brands in our portfolio.
About the Role
Communicorp Media is recruiting a talented and passionate Managing Editor for our Music & Entertainment brands, to drive our on-air programming strategy and lead a team of content creators. In this exciting and fast paced role, the successful candidate will coach and develop our teams of music and content producers to increase audiences across FM and digital platforms.
Managing Editor - Responsibilities, Skills and Qualifications
What you’ll do:
- Be the lead programmer on Today FM, 98FM and the Spin brands, to increase our FM and digital audiences.
- Implement a strategy to grow audience reach and time spent listening on FM and across digital platforms.
- Provide creative input, stimulate ideas, and offer creative direction for content plans across all platforms to ensure each music station is seen as a radio, audio, video and social brand
- Lead our programming decisions and curate station outputs across our music and entertainment brands, to maximise portfolio growth.
- Be prepared to schedule and produce key programming segments and music rollouts.
- Coach, develop and support our M&E programming management team
- Coach, develop and provide feedback to key presenting staff, alongside Programme Directors.
- Develop a strong pipeline of future talent for all stations.
- Identify career development and succession plans across all programming teams with a specific focus toward on-air talent development.
- Identify and grow cross-promotional opportunities that exist between the portfolio ensuring maximum impact and brand exposure.
- Ensure the music propositions of Today FM, 98FM and Spin are complimentary to one another whilst remaining in-line with individual brand guidelines.
- You have several years proven experience in a radio programming role within a competitive FM radio market.
- You possess a strong broadcasting background with demonstrable ability to schedule, programme and grow audiences on FM and digital platforms.
- You have a detailed understanding of music and a genuine interest in a variety musical genres
- You are passionate about the evolution of music, radio and audio consumption.
- You have indepth experience in building, managing, coaching, and developing a creative team.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.