Marketing Executive, Lincs FM & Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire
This role will form a part of the wider Hits Radio Brand marketing team, as well as working closely with the Content, Digital and Commercial teams in your stations. You’ll be joining a close and passionate team within which helping and supporting each other is extremely important and allows us to share the wealth of Radio and wider marketing knowledge within the team.
The Focus of the Role
You’ll support the Head of Marketing in the development and implementation of an annual marketing plan for your stations, and support Content Directors to develop and drive listener trial, and to work with the programming team to maximise exposure in the market of the stations, personalities and regional show strands. You’ll plan and execute the local digital content activity across our websites, our social media pages and our eCRM activity. You’ll also develop marketing partnerships and activity to deliver brand awareness, trial and revenue where possible, and you’ll support events and other on-the-ground (OTG) marketing activities that ensure our stations are at the heart of the communities they’re a part of. Your primary focus will be Lincs FM, but you’ll support the Head of Marketing across the Yorkshire stations when required.
- Working alongside the Head of Marketing to help deliver the digital strategy by proactively planning and delivering engaging and creative locally focussed digital content.
- Ensure our websites are always fresh and relevant, updating articles as required to support content and partnerships.
- Update social media channels and ensure the digital content calendar and scheduling is up to date, as well as being reactive to content opportunities with locally produced shows or topic local content.
- Build local email newsletters.
- Monitor and review the success of all digital marketing and communications activity, making recommendations for improvement, linking into the wider marketing and partnership plans.
- Offer day-to-day assistance as required, delivering responses to audience queries, and flagging any questions to relevant departments.
- Working alongside the Graphic Design lead to support on digital design requirements and asset creation.
- Events & Partnerships:
- Support in the delivery of off-air partnerships to extend reach and engagement.
- Help execute high impact events and other activities that cement our brands at the centre of the local community, driving audiences and revenues.
- Manage a promotional team (where relevant), event assets and promotional vehicles to support Marketing and Commercial partnership events.
- Experience in digital and on-the-ground marketing activity.
- A strong understanding of social media and creating engaging content.
- Confident in successfully managing multiple projects, planning and executing tactical and targeted marketing activity.
- Awareness of/trained in Event Health and Safety.
- A creative thinker with a positive and tenacious attitude.
- A self-starter, with initiative, energy and drive.
- A strong communicator, both verbally and written.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The confidence and organisational skills to manage a promotional team
- Understanding how marketing contributes to the wider business.
About The Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD...
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, register and submit your CV with a covering letter at Bauer Media
Closing date 28/01/2022