Mid-Weight Graphic Designer – (Brand Marketing)
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer - (Brand Marketing)
Reporting of the role
Brand Marketing Design Manager
Overview of job
The Brand Marketing Designer will be part of the team responsible for the look of the UK’s biggest commercial radio brands (Heart, Capital, Smooth, Classic FM, Radio X, Gold & LBC).
As an all-round Designer you will have outstanding taste and creative approach to brand led design, with a fantastic portfolio showcasing a phenomenal eye for layout, imagery, typography, and colour - along with examples of work with motion and video.
Global's Outdoor sites reach over 95% of the UK population, so your work will be highly visible on there and social media, where our brands get almost a billion impressions every month. Our Designer will be tasked to raise the quality of our output!
3 best things about the job
- Working on incredible campaigns for the UK’s biggest radio brands.
- Seeing your campaigns nationwide across a variety of mediums.
- The people and the culture that makes Global an incredible place to work!
Measures 0f success - in the first few months you would have
- Develop a deep understanding of our brands, our competitors, and the market in which we operate.
- Demonstrate high levels of creative enthusiasm, highlighting your passion through ground-breaking and eye-catching designs.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with your peers and key partners across the business.
- Create appealing end-to-end campaigns, from concept and ideation right through to production and delivery across a range of channels.
Responsibilities of the role
- Working closely with the Brand Marketing Design Manager and the rest of the team to create work that is of the standard of an outstanding design agency.
- Innovate to bring new insights and techniques to the table that help us achieve our business objectives.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation, and guardianship of our brand identities across all consumer touchpoints.
- Spread your skills and knowledge within the team, so we are constantly setting a higher standard with regards to the quality of work.
- Work with the team to ensure the process is as friction-free as possible.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Mid-weight designer or looking to step up into a mid-weight role.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding taste and creative approach to brand led design, with a fantastic portfolio showcasing a phenomenal eye for layout, imagery, typography, and colour - along with examples of work with motion and video.
- Have a keen eye for detail and outstanding organisational skills and timekeeping.
- Great teammate and able to deal with tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- A good solid understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Cinema 4D knowledge would be an added bonus.
- Experience of crafting designs and artwork for both digital and print.
*Please submit your portfolio with your application. *
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global