Multi-media broadcast journalist
Credible Media is a fiercely independent, forward- thinking media production company based in East Manchester. We own and operate commercial radio station Revolution 96.2 as well as the digitally relaunched Oldham Evening Chronicle, a number of magazine titles, and three successful websites.
2020 is our most exciting year yet, with plans to expand coverage across Greater Manchester and further develop our on-air sound.
We're now looking for a multi-media journalist to work across all our brands, leading with radio.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Helping to set the news agenda for our audience
- Developing and preparing stories at a fast pace for both on air and online
- Writing engaging scripts and online content
- Capturing and editing original audio sequences (video desirable)
- Delivering and presenting live hourly radio bulletins
- Responding quickly to breaking news and viral content
This is a highly sought-after role in the UKs busiest news patch outside London. We'd like to hear from you if you:
- Have a confident and natural broadcast voice
- Have excellent writing skills, including the flexibility to work across platforms
- Have broadcast journalism experience including bulletin presentation
- Are self-motivated, confident, and with tons of initiative
- Are confident in delivering live on-air content
- Have an understanding of social media, including publishing and analytics.
Experience of Adobe Audition, Burli and RCS Zetta is desirable.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills, or for more experienced journalists to challenge themselves further.
If you'd like to apply for the role, please send a current CV and on-air audio demo to Content Director Kevin Bailey email@example.com