WLR, Ireland’s IMRO Local Station of the Year is seeking an experienced creative journalist who can work across all of our platforms, who is able and willing to engage radio listeners and online users. A journalist who is a highly skilled, self-starter who is able to write, produce, record and edit stories under deadline pressure. Responsible for presenting accurate, balanced news stories. The right candidate will work as part of the WLR News, Sports and Current Affairs Department reporting to News and Sport Editor, Julie Smyth.
Social: The right candidate must be active on social media and be able to report live on radio. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
Candidate will be required to build Sports segments for news broadcasts on occasions.
· Gather information, conduct interviews, produce, edit and report ‘live’ assigned stories daily.
· Must be able to write stories for online and promote on social media.
· Prepares hourly bulletins on Burli. (training will be provided)
· Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
· Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
· Required to work flexible hours
· Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 1-year experience in news or similar radio / newspaper / website / tv role.
· Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, working alone.
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (adobe / cool edit)
· Effective news writing and storytelling ability.
· Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
· Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
Desired Skills & Experience
· A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field is desirable.
· Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
· Must be organised, highly motivated and ratings-oriented.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must have and maintain a good driving record.
· Most importantly, must be a team player.
To apply email a CV - MP3 demo to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date- March 12th, 2021