Multimedia News and Sport Reporter
You will work closely with the news team across Scotland and link into our news network across the UK. You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who really care about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a huge part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
The Focus of the Role
The successful candidate will be an experienced news or sport reporter, capable of producing compelling local stories and reading news bulletins to the highest possible standard. You will know the patch and have great ideas for stories, features and campaigns. You will also be competent in updating our websites and social media with a knowledge of digital journalism.
- Focus on producing compelling local stories for both bulletins and online.
- Report and produce on location of major news and sport stories.
- Produce pictures and video as well as audio.
- Fill in on any bulletin reading or reporting shifts elsewhere, if required.
- Update local news content on our websites and on social media, ensuring this is compliant within the law.
- You will have a great voice and the ability to be able to produce compelling stories and work across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You will be able to work calmly and accurately and will ensure everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the patch and the kinds of news and sport stories which will resonate with our local audiences.
- You will be joining a brilliant team who have each others backs so we are looking for a team player but also someone who can also work alone as a reporter, covering the local area.
- You will be passionate about news, sport, journalism and radio.
- You must have a full driving licence.