Music Radio Producer
Somethin’ Else creates award-winning radio, podcast, TV, social and online content for an extensive and growing range of brands and broadcasters. We produce radio programmes for the BBC, commercial radio and podcasts for a large, global audience.
We are looking for a Producer to join our team based to work on two specialist BBC radio projects for 1Xtra and 6 Music starting in March 2021 for 6 months.
The ideal candidate will have national or major network experience (in commercial or BBC Radio) and a passion for the specialist music covered on the shows. Specifically, Afrobeats, Jazz, Hip Hop and cutting edge Electronic music.
The role will include live and pre-recorded programming, including use of studios at New Broadcasting House and Wogan House. We are following all government, BBC and industry guidance with respect to producing shows during the Covid-19 pandemic. We will discuss the specifics of this during the interview process.
You must be able to demonstrate a brilliant knowledge and understanding of the shows you wish to produce, the music they feature, the BBC network and their audience and have previous experience delivering high quality social media content. You must also have excellent audio editing skills. Full training will be provided on unfamiliar systems, if required.
- music programming
- studio production
- talent management
- client liaison
- social media management
- script writing
- editorial judgement
- managing assistant producers
- generating ideas
- previous experience as a network/national radio producer
- used to working in a team and supporting co-workers, as well as managing assistant producers
- strong editorial judgement and knowledge of the BBC’s editorial guidelines
- excellent talent management skills
- strong social media management and strategy skills including a good knowledge of Photoshop
- good connections within the music industry
- creative flare for ideas generation, both for a weekly show, and as part of the bigger picture.
- excellent organisation skills
- strong client liaison skills
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work and highlighting your availability. Applications close at 11pm on 14th February 2021.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.