MUSIC & SHOW PRODUCER – MAGIC RADIO
MUSIC & SHOW PRODUCER - MAGIC RADIO
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including Magic, KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Magic is a fun team to work in. We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Music knowledge is important.
The Focus of your role:
As a Magic Producer you are required to positively contribute to the production and development of multi-platform programming across the Magic channels. Also to programme Music to a high standard across the designated Network Stations (Mellow Magic, Magic Soul)
What you’ll do:
You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Scheduling of music on digital services as required on Magic Network (currently Mellow Magic and Magic Soul)
- Supervise voice-tracking of shows on digital services as required – currently on Mellow Magic Magic Soul.
- Plan and produce designated shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows
What you’ll bring;
Creativity, you will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programs
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Confidence in producing in studio shows, demonstrating creativity and ideas
- Excellence in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta preferred).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
What we’ll offer you:
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to do the following at the application stage;
- Write up an idea to demonstrate a music feature that you might run on the Mellow Magic station. Explain the rationale behind your idea and why it would fit a particular show and it’s audience.
- Come up with a music idea related to Magic Soul, that could run over a weekend to highlight the music mix. Explain the rationale behind your idea and why it would fit the audience.
- Send your CV and covering letter to https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=219
You will need to create these files in a dropbox and add the link to your profile. If you have any technical issues please email your files to email@example.com with the job title and job reference in your subject line.
Please note any files sent via email will comply to Bauer GDPR policy and be deleted when the successful candidate has been selected.
Closing Date: Sunday 14 March 2021