Music Team Assistant Producer
Founded in Hamburg in 1875, Bauer Media is a privately-owned, global media company operating in 17 countries with a portfolio of market leading consumer brands across radio, magazines and digital.
Bauer Media Audio is one of Europe’s leading digital radio and audio businesses, reaching over twenty-five million listeners daily across FM, DAB, digital TV, web, apps and voice-controlled devices. Through its portfolio of world-class brands the business spans the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway with leading brands including Mix Megapol, Radio Nova, RMF, Absolute Radio, KISS and Magic.
KISS is an experience and a fun place to be. We value realness and passion. We always have something relevant to tell you about. A place where everyone is welcome. We like a laugh but we’re always kind and promise to practice what we preach. We’re honest and we have opinions. We are on your level and will earn your attention never demand it. We will never stand still. We will always hold up great talent we believe in. Above all music is our life.
The Focus of your role:
As a Music Team Assistant Producer. you are required to positively contribute to the creation and management of the KISS Network playlists (KISS/KISSTORY/KISS Fresh/KISS Dance and other extension brands). You will be obsessed with KISS music and have a hunger to make audience-centric decisions right for Radio and content.
What you’ll do:
As well as playlist management support, you will contribute to all music orientated strategic moves in content; tracks of the week, event booking, talent suggestions, guest and format development and new ideas. You’ll be the back- bone of the day to day organisation and industry management of the wider Music Team – from making radio edits, collating music/artist notes, supporting managing the guest booking process at KISS and sending out the weekly playlists to contacts.
You will occasionally be asked to support programme production, or elements of programmes with the production team. You will manage the social media asset creation and distribution to industry and artists. You will follow the lead of the Music Team Producer, Head of Music and Content Director and work collaboratively and independently to fulfil objectives.
Your work will ultimately ladder up to the wider KISS strategy set by the Content Director – to grow our <35 UK audience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of organisational systems related to playlist creation and communication.
- Management of organisation systems related to industry relationships (plugging appointments, playlist communication).
- Guest booking system organisation.
- Being part of the playlist decision-making team and contributing suggestions with audience-centric reasoning.
- Making radio edits to a brief for broadcast.
- Creatively and practically contributing to music-orientated programming ideas and events.
- Social media asset production for playlist additions. Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition)
- Occasional support of programme teams in music-heavy features or event radio moments.
- Support your producer with confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
What you will bring:
- Passion, authenticity and creativity.
- Demonstrating strong awareness of new/current KISS music (Dance Music, Pop Music, Black Music) and culture essential.
- Good editing skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Desired: knowledge of music scheduling software/ability to transfer skills from other systems (we use G Selector but knowledge of this is not essential).
- Proficient use of scheduling systems (Zetta).
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
What we’ll offer you:
Our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
To apply please go to: https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=91