Network Producer – Heart Drivetime
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Network Producer, Heart
Reporting of the Role
Heart Deputy Managing Editor and Heart Managing Editor
Overview of job
You’ll be producing one of the most popular Drivetime shows on UK radio with JK & Kelly Brook. You’ll be in the studio every day, ensuring the content of the show is absolutely on point for both a London and national audience. You’ll look after the daily show planning and prep, create innovative features and constantly be thinking about how to make the show better tomorrow. Working closely with Heart’s world class digital team, you’ll also be responsible for ensuring JK & Kelly’s digital content is the envy of the industry.
You’ll also have exposure to some of the most popular network shows on the UK’s largest commercial radio brand. You could be working with the likes of Mark Wright, Emma Bunton, Dev Griffin and Zoe Hardman. We’ll want you to get involved with helping to plan great content when Heart’s core artists come to visit Leicester Square. We’ll ask you to produce engaging interviews with some of the world’s biggest stars and create PR-able moments for the brand. You’ll be a leader when you’re in the studio and obsessive about planning when you’re not. You'll love nailing the finer details to make every piece of multi-platform content succeed.
3 best things about the job
- You will get to produce the biggest names in UK Radio including JK, Kelly Brook, Mark Wright, Emma Bunton & Dev Griffin.
- With all Heart’s channels at your fingertips, you'll work with the best team in the business to generate World Class, multi-platform content.
- You'll be the leading force behind engaging interviews with some of the world’s biggest stars, launching the content and creating PR-able moments for the brand.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Forged great relationships and trust with your presenters and the wider Heart programming team.
- Contributed and implemented exciting multi-platform creative ideas and show features.
- Formed a topical plan for the next few months for your shows.
- Built a great collaborative relationship with Heart’s digital team and become instrumental in helping to drive our digital content strategy forward.
Responsibilities of the role
- Managing the live studio environment of some of Heart’s flagship shows.
- Mentor, guide and give feedback to presenting team during and after live show.
- You will be creating content with international stars designed to generate PR and grab headlines the world over.
- Coordinating all external and internal communications for your shows.
- Develop and implement daily show features, interviews and story arc’s for your shows.
- Responsible for planning, creating and delivering award winning on-air content.
- Produce, collate and distribute all relevant scripts and show planning documents daily.
What you will need
- Plenty of producer experience with a track record for producing top rating radio programmes!
- You’ll be technically proficient in the studio and excel with Adobe Audition.
- You'll be used to managing big personalities and handle the pressure that comes with working with some of the very best talent in the industry.
- You'll take pride in your creativity, be full of ideas and be able to stimulate others too.
- You’ll bring out the best from Heart’s presenter talent. Both well-established names that have seen it all and forward-thinking emerging talent, who need strong mentorship.
- You’ll work well with the world’s biggest stars and Heart’s core Artists to produce radio shows and specials.
- You’ll have a passion for the content and music on Heart and an acute awareness of how to engage a 25-44 audience across multiple platforms.
- You'll be confident when working towards your own personal objectives as well as helping others in achieving business goals, setting and stretching new standards.
- On top of that, you’ll be someone who gets how to use digital platforms and create digital content to help deliver audience.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global