We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Shannonside FM has a vacancy for a News Editor.
Working as part of the wider management team at Shannonside FM, the successful candidate will
- possess excellent editorial judgement, a knowledge of media law, strong research skills and good knowledge of digital media
- Lead and develop an experienced newsroom team in sourcing, breaking and reporting on news in the Longford, Roscommon and Leitrim areas
- Work in supporting the wider newsroom in the compilation of Current Affairs content for its daily speech programme.
- Read and present news bulletins.
- Have good people management and interpersonal skills.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience at senior journalist level is required and previous radio experience would be desirable. The role will be based in our Longford headquarters and a full driving licence is required
To apply, send your CV and short voice demo to Martin Howard, Shannonside FM, Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Road, Longford or email email@example.com by Friday November 25