As a Newsroom Producer, you will work within the Newsroom team to secure broadcast coverage opportunities on behalf of our clients. You will be capable and confident liaising with journalists, producers, editors and clients with a flair for pitching business and consumer news and lifestyle stories to feature across the UK and worldwide news platforms. You will help create and shape the narrative of our campaigns, including generating ideas and crafting engaging broadcast content.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with journalists, producers and editors across multiple broadcast networks, to pitch and secure interview opportunities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the daily news agenda to feed newsworthy ideas into brainstorms and help create pitches.
- Write broadcast advisories and bespoke emails that will appeal to media outlets.
- Be a ‘go-to’ within the business for helping create and craft angles & stories for media.
- Be confident in communicating both internally and with external clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest and understanding of the daily news agenda.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Creative ideas for developing story narratives.
- Excellent writing skills for crafting advisories and pitches.
- Strong news judgement and an understanding of what media need to help craft a story.
- Organisation skills and attention to detail.
- The opportunity to work on a wide variety of leading brands and organisations
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunities
- Regular company incentives – including weekends away and vouchers
- Hybrid working model within a rewarding work environment & flexibility
If you’re a fun, dynamic person, with a passion for news, media, podcasts, journalism and PR, markettiers is the place for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.