markettiers, the UK’s leading broadcast communications consultancy, is recruiting for a stand-out Senior Newsroom Producer to work from its London office.
Enabling brands to tell their stories through the power of broadcast. We create multimedia campaigns that generate local, regional, national and international coverage on traditional and modern channels such as TV, radio, live streaming, mobile and social media.
As a Newsroom Producer, you will work alongside the wider Newsroom team to secure online and broadcast coverage opportunities for our clients. You will be capable and confident liaising with journalists, producers and editors, with an ability to pitch content that features across the UK and worldwide news agenda.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Pitching interviews, video and online content opportunities to media.
- Growing our media relations and contact database.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the daily news agenda to feed newsworthy ideas into brainstorming sessions and creative approaches.
- Be a ‘go-to’ within the business for crafting angles & stories for media.
- Be an experienced support to the wider Newsroom team.
- Visiting media organisations to further develop media relationships.
- Media monitoring.
- Generating media reports and target lists.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years’ experience in the broadcast media sector.
- An interest in the broadcast landscape –including radio, TV, online and podcasting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Strong news judgement and an understanding of what media need to help craft a story.
- Organisation skills and attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.