Operations Manager – Enterprise Revenue
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
About the Role
Working within the Operations Team, this role is primarily responsible for managing SMS competitions across Ireland’s biggest radio brands, as well as shaping the long term direction and strategy.
The role also encompasses oversight and management of other enterprise revenue areas. You will collaborate with Operations Director and Content Teams to deliver commercial targets; planning and delivering competitions within regulatory requirements.
You will be the expert on emerging trends, developments and opportunities and sharing insights with the wider business where relevant.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent organisational and administrative skills.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day to day running of SMS competitions across our radio brands and networks
- Be responsible for the management, deployment and development of the SMS technical system
- Write and distribute presenter scripts. Brief content and production teams
- Co-ordinate competition executions, prize winner verification and prize delivery
- Produce written content for websites, apps and social media to promote competitions
- Update websites with Terms & Conditions, audio and other content relating to competitions
- Manage the building of customer databases and the delivery of outbound marketing strategy
- Ensure competitions comply with all applicable regulations and are fully compliant
- Respond to enquiries and complaints from listeners and participants
- Work with PR team to highlight positive and newsworthy stories of SMS winners
- Support Bauer brands to achieve revenue targets and KPIs in enterprise revenue
- Monitor and appraise delivery of competitions across multiple stations and networks and provide feedback through reports and analysis
- Support the Operations Director in the development and management of other enterprise revenue streams in conjunction with third parties
If the following sounds like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- Experience in telephony / premium rate activity would be a distinct advantage
- A strong administrator with exceptional planning and organising skills.
- An excellent level of attention to detail
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Ability prioritise when things get busy and work well under pressure to meet daily deadlines
- A relationship builder with excellent people skills and work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of BAI, Advertising and ComReg codes would be advantageous but not necessary
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.