Part time news and sports journalist
Beat 102 103 is recruiting a multi-platform, part time, news and sports journalist to join their team at the Broadcast Centre in Waterford.
The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled, self-starter who is able to write, produce, record and edit stories under deadline pressure.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, produce, edit and report ‘live’ assigned stories daily.
- Have an excellent knowledge of social media.
- Prepare and present news and sports bulletins.
- Required to work predominately weekends but must be available for weekday morning and afternoon shifts when required.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in news or similar radio / newspaper / website / tv role.
- Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, working alone.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (adobe / cool edit)
- Effective news writing and storytelling ability.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field is desirable.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
- Must be organised and highly motivated.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full driver’s license is desirable but not essential.
To apply, please forward a CV and a short demo (mp3) to email@example.com. Closing date is Friday, 25th September.