PIRATE FM SALES DIRECTOR-CORNWALL
The team at Pirate are unique; the commercial team in-particular consists of a highly experienced, confident and entrepreneurial group of people.
As a standalone brand within Bauer Media Group we have the ability to act on great ideas creating exciting fresh commercial opportunities and benefit from the resource, support and expertise from the wider Bauer audio business. This is an exciting place to be.
In recent years, Pirate has become a very agile business. We are successfully navigating the challenging commercial pressures resulting from covid-19and are on course to emerge in great shape to embrace an exciting future.
Focus of the role
The Sales Director will embody Bauer Media’s values and drive Bauer’s company strategy and goals into the commercial business to a high quality and to desired timelines.
You will be passionate and driven in creating a vibrant, motivated and supported culture for our people to work in whilst driving love and loyalty for our brands.
Being a supportive and effective leader for the commercial team.
Enabling and engaging the team to deliver challenging business objectives.
This role is based in the Pirate FM postcode area and you will be leading the team to promote the wider Bauer portfolio to businesses located in the region.
Station Director, Regional Commercial Director, Director of Strategic Delivery, Director of Commercial Operations. Chief revenue Officer.
What you will do:
- Business planning and management
- Customer focus
- Sales focus
- People focus
- Drives the implementation of strategic goals in relation to people and proposition for Bauer Media into local business units with a focus upon Revenue, Quality, Process and Cost.
- Responsible for the delivery, through your team, of our fair share of advertising in line with our overarching share and network strategy.
- Ensuring we optimise our performance and inventory through selling the right channel at the right price in the right shape
- As an integral stakeholder within the business communities you serve you will be responsible for engaging with and developing our key accounts and public sector representatives. This will include onboarding these business communities with our strategic vision and troubleshooting any issues and concerns.
- You must be able to deliver information efficiently and accurately to the right people, at the right time, using the right medium. They will have genuine empathy for others and maximise impact through understanding the motivations of the team and adapt communication style accordingly.
What you will bring:
- The Sales Director must have had working experience in a sales position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, preferably working in the position of a Sales Manager or Director
- The candidate must also have a proven and successful ability to lead a group of salespeople towards growth in enhanced sales volumes and enhanced revenue generation, while displaying exceptional leadership skills and confidence.
- A suitable candidate will also have had experience evaluating product/market situations and analysing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches.
Communication Skills: The Sales Director must possess exceptional communication skills that are especially important in enabling effective communication between internal and external partners. The performance of the sales team will also be highly dependent on the clarity of communication of information and instructions from the sales director, making these skills a must have for the position. Communication skills are also necessary for the sales director when it comes to drafting reports and making presentations to team members, customers, senior sales management and stakeholders.
They must be able to tailor messages in relation to the audience at hand and to present even the most complex messages in clear, simple, digestible, and convincing terms. These skills must be excellent in both written and verbal form.
Technological: The Sales Director must demonstrate high proficiency in technological systems and programs and an ability to learn and adapt quickly when necessary.
Ideally proficient within Ms office, you will have skills in creating both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for the senior sales management, sales teams and external customers and relevant stakeholders.
Analytical Skills: The Sales Director must also have a keen interest in conducting research and data-driven insights.
The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the business’s product range as well as standard strategic, analytical, and marketing concepts.
A suitable candidate for this position will also have a deep understanding of the business’s marketplace models as well as the opportunities and limitations that come along with it.
Interpersonal Skills: The Sales Director will possess certain interpersonal skills that will encourage openness and trust both internally and externally.
They will be self-motivated, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be adaptable to business growth fluctuations, work comfortably and effortlessly in group settings, be a persuasive and charismatic individual, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well within a pressured deadline environment.
The Sales Director will also demonstrate the ability to remain calm under pressure and during uncertainty, inspiring the same in their team.
Leadership/People Skills: The Sales Director needs to demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, portraying an ability to move and inspire a large group in a unified direction and vision.
Being a representative of the business, they must also be approachable and able to form strong and long-lasting relationships both internally and externally on behalf of the business.
Training and Coaching: The Sales Director needs to demonstrate great training and coaching skills. They need to be able undertake training analysis within their team and translate the findings into training or coaching sessions that have clear objectives and measurable outcomes.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, you’ll need to clearly outline your top 3 priorities for the first 30 days as to how you would make a positive impression on the team and the business performance. Please either load a word document or link into the profile /portfolio section of our Careers Hub.