Podcast Producer, Wireless Studios
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: You will be part of the Wireless Studios podcast team, working with brands and titles across News UK to create compelling, entertaining and engaging content.
Your Role: Successful candidates will work closely with some of Britain’s leading broadcasters and journalists, From sports documentaries to heart warming interview series, from branded content to chart topping briefings, you’ll have the chance to work across all kinds of podcasts - and be expected to come up with some of your own!
Day to day you will:
- Identify, pitch and develop compelling podcast series often in partnership with our talent, correspondents and producers.
- Identify existing internal podcast opportunities while producing new original podcast offerings, both daily and/or serialised storytelling
- Manage podcast productions, including budgets, staffing and creative.
- Work with staff on best-in-class digital podcast practices.
- Partner with cross-network teams on marketing, sales, and communication strategies.
- Potential unsociable hours including weekends
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in audio storytelling with production on a successful podcast, news radio programme or relevant commercial podcasting know-how.
- Must have experience editing audio and familiar with software.
- Must be proactive, a doer with excellent writing skills and creative ideas on how to make compelling content.
- Strong editorial/narrative judgement.
- Experience in a fast paced digital environment, with an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
- Ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions.
- Strong cross-departmental collaborative skills
- Experience fostering a culture of experimentation.
- Experience developing host and producer talent.
- Strong understanding of commercial potential within podcasting.
What's in it for you?
- Working with established names and big stars on exciting podcast projects.
- The chance to develop your skillset and create new ways of working on audio production
- Helping grow the reputation of an exciting team of hungry producers.
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.