We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music. Virgin Radio Anthems, Virgin Radio Chilled and Virgin Radio Groove complete the network reaching record audiences. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
The Team: LMFM is the local radio station for Counties Louth and Meath. We have a broadcast footprint reaching over 300,000 adults stretching from North County Dublin to the border with Northern Ireland. We are the region’s favourite and most popular radio station a position we have held for the last 30 years. Each day we broadcast a broad and varied range of award winning programmes attracting an average daily listenership of 75,000 adults
Your Role: This is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself on the Number 1 radio station in the North East. Reporting directly to the Content Controller, you will be given every support available to make the best content possible with ample scope to place your own unique stamp on the programme.
Day to day you will:
- Be expected to prepare links thoroughly and with excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarise yourself with the music and artists that will make up the show with an emphasis on the 20-40 age bracket.
- Be familiar with the relevant social subject material to that age cohort - Netflix, sport, music, entertainment, etc.
- Have an understanding of the franchise area that we cover and the events
Who we are looking for:
- Have demonstrable broadcast experience of music presentation geared for a 20-40 year old audience.
- Have demonstrable ability to connect and engage with the target audience across relevant social media platforms.
- Have demonstrable experience of using video as a communication tool for modern audiences.
- Possess a deep knowledge and understanding of music from chart hits to new releases and gold categories.
- Have a good knowledge of pop culture including entertainment and movie celebrity news.
- Have an affinity for the lifestyle of the LMFM audience
- Have a creative approach to music presentation for the target audience.
- Engage enthusiastically with programming management in the area of client promotion
Life at News
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
- 25 days holiday
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.