As Novel continues to grow a slate of longform narrative podcast series, we are offering permanent contracts for narrative documentary audio producers, ideally with a focus on longform, serialised narrative productions.
This is an opportunity to do meaningful and exciting work and develop in a team environment using diverse and innovative production styles to produce award winning work.
The ideal candidate will have a great ear for audio storytelling and already have some experience as a producer. We’re keen to hear from producers from a range of backgrounds - especially longform narrative, but if you’re a producer who loves making narrative work and is now looking to transition to longform documentary / podcasts we want to hear from you, especially if your work to date shows an enthusiasm of moving towards making longer-form work. Ideally your experience will be in audio but film/TV documentary makers who are now looking to cross over into audio production are also welcome.
What is essential is a solid understanding of what makes an impactful documentary series.
A highly creative approach to audio production is also a must. Editing skills on Reaper and Descript is a significant bonus.
If you fit the bill and are interested in a permanent role in which you will be an integral part of Novel’s production team then please do get in touch. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing company packed with creative programme makers, sound designers and experienced executive producers who’ll be on hand to help you craft groundbreaking podcast series.
- Podcast production
- Series planning
- Talent relations
- Sourcing and booking contributors
- Recording contributors, both remotely and on location
- Script writing and editing
- Audio editing to a high standard
- Music sourcing
- Working with Novel’s PR and marketing team to build an audience
- Monitoring listener figures
- Devising and implementing production schedules
- Budget management
- Post production paperwork
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & PERSON SPECIFICATION
- A track record of narrative audio
- A strong understanding of what it takes to tell powerful stories
- Passionate about documentaries, podcasting and creative audio production with wide ranging listening habits
- Excellent writer
- Proficient audio editor
- A skilled multitasker
- Exceptional organisation
- Experience creating and maintaining production calendars
- Confident with audio file organization
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Great communicator with junior staff, senior management, clients, interviewees and talent alike
- Creative thinker, capable of developing progressive approaches to familiar topics
- Keen problem solver – must be able to think on your feet and react quickly and calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Proficient user of G-Suite and Slack and Descript
- Salary range: £30,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)
- 23 days of holiday per year + Christmas
- Season ticket loan
To apply for the role, please email email@example.com and include a copy of your CV and any other relevant information. Additionally, please include a paragraph why you’d be a good candidate for the role along with examples of your best work.
Application deadline: September 1st, 2021