Producer, Breakfast Show – Absolute Radio
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading commercial radio broadcaster, reaching 57 million listeners weekly across 8 countries with 150 Radio Brands. BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Magic, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Absolute Radio is where Real Music Matters. The successful candidate will be joining a family which creates entertaining and engaging content for almost five million people across 10 stations. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, we put our audience first and we want to be the best we can be, with innovation at the core of what we do.
The focus of your role
The Producer of the Dave Berry Breakfast Show will be an integral part of a team which delivers one of the UK’s most high-profile entertainment radio shows with compelling and engaging content targeted at the station’s Reluctant Adult audience. From idea generation and content planning to leading the show’s social and digital strategy, this is a role which requires an all-rounder who is experienced in working on a demanding programme which has huge ambition.
What you’ll do
Your main duties will include supporting the Exec Producer in the studio during the show and leading the studio in their absence.
- Idea generation for long-form story arcs
- Project management for entertainment-led features and content strands
- Creation and delivery of branded content ideas
- Creation and delivery of topical ideas based on emerging listener-focused stories
- Audio and Video editing
- Studio management when relevant
- Guest booking and management of interviews and event-led programming for the show
- Ensure the breakfast show has a strong social media and digital presence in terms of creating content strands and spotting opportunities as well as editing daily posts and listener engagement
- Liaison with other show teams and presenters to ensure there is a sense of stationality within the programme
What you’ll bring
- Experience in producing a top-tier entertainment/breakfast radio show
- An ability to conceive and then deliver strong editorial content strands which engage audiences
- An ability to spot opportunities within topical content and turn around features/ideas quickly
- An understanding of the importance of branded content within commercial radio alongside fresh ideas on how we work with existing partners.
- Excellent audio and video editing skills.
- A strong understanding of social media and how the show can engage new and existing audiences digitally
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and in a pressured live show environment.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience of working closely with on-air talent.
What we’ll offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to upload your CV, a covering letter and 2 ideas you think would work well on the Dave Berry Breakfast Show. Our closing date for applications is 12pm Monday 11th October 2021. Bauer Media